Expedition cost for service up to summit:
1. Airport Transfers in Kathmandu
2.5 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotel on BB plan (before and after the expedition)
3. Transportation as per the program
4. Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp and back
5. Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back
6. Base Camp single tent for each member, BC staffs and Liaison Officer
All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table and chairs and cooking utensils for Base Camp
7. Food and fuel at base camp
8. Service of Government Liaison Officer
9. Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
10. Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer
11. Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison Officer and porters
12. Peak Permit fee of Mt. Expedition Mountain.
13. conservation fee and National Park fee
14. One high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food and gear to higher camps. 15. Also assist the member during climb and summit attempt
16.3 oxygen bottles (4 lts) per member with mask and regulator (for use only) "
Poisk oxygen system"
17. Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws etc)
18. High altitude food
19. High altitude fuel
20. High altitude tents
21. Walkie-talkies for each member
22.2 Expedition duffel bag per climber
23. Solar panel or Generator at Base Camp for light and charging
24. Emergency medical oxygen at base camp
25. Visa extension fee
26. Agency service charge
Expedition cost for service up to summit:
Cost does not include:
1. International airfare from / to your country
2. Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
3. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
4. Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu.
5. Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
6. Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage
7. Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming
8. Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
9. Tips and bonuses
11. Garbage deposit fee
Mt. Pumori ExpeditionPumori (7161m) is the most popular mountain for those who whish to climb 7000m peaks in the Himalays of Nepal. Pumari is generally considered to be technically challenging and requires climbers to be experienced as well as in faultless physical condition. For one such climber this mountain could become the most rewarding challenger in the Himalaya. Normally, three camps are set in the approach above the base camp. The normal route for the climbing is South East Ridge
For Pumori expedition the Base camp will be set up at 5300m. We climb through the glaciers for approx. 4 hours and reach Camp 1 at 5700m. From Camp 1, we climb 480m. On the face with 40-60 degrees slope and pass through a snow wall to reach camp 2 at 6200m.On a narrow ridge. From camp 2, we climb approx. 450m. Through ice with 30-60 degrees slopes passing through ice walls and crevasses. This section is prone to avalanches from big seracs hanging on the shoulder above. Camp 3 will be set up at an altitude of 6480m. On the ridge. Passing through crevasses, we climb up to Pumori cliff and then to the summit.
For many mountaineers Pumori is the peak to check their technical skills and their feelings of climbing Himalayas in Nepal to prepare for 8000 meter peak in Nepal for the future.
Day 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Official preparation for climbing.
Day 4: Flight from KTM – Lukla. Trek to Phakding (2,652m).
Day 5: Phakding to Namche (3,440m)- Beginning with a slight climb to Jhorsalle, the trail passes a waterfall. All day, we pass villages interspersed with magnificent forest- rhododendron, magniolia trees and giant firs. And on the way to walking you will be rewarded (weather permitting) your first glimpse of Kusum Kanggru (6369m) Thamserku (6608m) Everest (8848m) and Nuptse (7879 m). A steep climb up to the beautiful village of Namche bazaar (3440m).
Day 6: Acclimatization day in Namche. Acclimatization is most important before proceeding to a higher elevation. It is therefore recommended that you take a short days hike to Thame, Khunde or Khumjung or relax and explore the sherpa culture of Namche.
Day 7: Namche to Tengboche (3,867m): after walking one hour you arrive in phungithanga from there the trail climbs through forests where you can spot musk deer. Tengboche sits on a saddle at 3870m in a clearing surrounded by dwarf fires and rododendroms. Kwongde (6187m) Tawache(6542m) Everest (8848m) Nuptse (7855m) Lhotse (8618m) Amadablam (6856m) Thamserku (6608m) provide and inspiring panorama of Himalayan giants. We visit the Bhuddist Monastry at Tengboche, the largest in Khumbu region.
Day 8: Tengboche to Pheriche: Beyond Tengboche the altitude really starts to tell. The trail droops down to Dingboche, crosses the Imja Khola and climbs past superb mani stones ( carved with the Tibetan Buddhist chant om mani padme hum) to Pangboche at 3860m The gompa here is worth visiting. Then the trail start climbs to Pheriche 4240m. Where there is a medical facility, which gives lectures everyday on Altitude Sickness.
Day 9: Another acclimatization day, again walking up and then coming back down is better than just resting in high altitude, you can make a day trip to Nangkartshang Gompa or up the hil to lok down onto Dingboche, Either walk offers good views.
Day 10: Pheriche to Lobuche - The trail climbs to Phalang karpo at 4340m then Duglha at 4620m,From Dughla the trail ascends the broad, gently slopping valley and climb steeply in to the terminal moraine of the Khumbu glacier then left in to the memorial area Chukpilhara, before reaching the Lobuche at 4930m
Day 11: Lobuche to Pumori Base Camp overnight in camp
Day 12: Base Camp Preparation overnight in camp
Day 13-27: Climbing period of Pumori,
Day 28: Base Camp to Tengboche, overnight in camp
Day 29: Tengboche to Namche Bazaar, overnight in lodge
Day 30: Namche Bazaar to Lukla, overnight in lodge
Day 31: Flight from Lukla - KTM, transfer to hotel
Day 32 : Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with Nepali dinner, hotel
Day 33: Final departure, transfer to airport